Our team has over 15 years of collective experience in delivering high quality work in all matters relating to Immigration.
We have three members of the team who may work on your matter. Regardless of who works on your matter, they will be supervised by Mr HCS Perera, Principal Partner.
Mr HCS Perera – Solicitor/ Principal Partner
Mr Perera is the head of our team and has over 15 years' experience in Immigration work. Mr Perera has been working in this area since he qualified and has helped hundreds of families and individuals.
Katarzyna (Katrina) Khezor – Paralegal - (Polish Speaking)
Katarzyna completed her Legal Practice Course at the BPP Law School in London and holds a Graduate Diploma in Law (CPE) from the University of Westminster. She has also read law and administration at the University of Warsaw in Poland and holds a Masters degree in Roman Jurisprudence from Polish University Abroad in London.
Katrina joined Rest Harrow in February 2011 as a paralegal/caseworker and has been assisting Mr. HCS Perera, the principal partner with probate matters, residential/commercial property, civil litigation, immigration, employment and family matters.
Thilagini (Thili) Anandajeyarajah – Solicitor
Thili qualified as a Solicitor in October 2020. Thili completed her Legal Practise Course and Graduate Diploma in Law at the University of Law, Guildford, she also has an undergraduate degree in Health and Social Care with Criminal Justice from Nottingham Trent University and has completed the Graduate Diploma in Law and the Legal Practice Course at the University of law in Guildford. Thili joined the firm as a paralegal in November 2018. Thili works predominately in Conveyancing matters (commercial/residential), Wills and Probate, Immigration, Family and Civil Litigation.
Rest Harrow Solicitors can assist you with your immigration matters, the following price list is relevant to the below matters:
- Applications for naturalisation or registration under the British Nationality Act 1981
- Applications for Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK
- Applications under the Immigration Rules, including:
- Student and work experience visas
- Visit visas (for tourism or visiting friends/family)
- Spouse and partners applications, including fiancé(e)s or proposed civil partners
- Applications for work, business or study under the Points-Based System;
- Dependant relative and family reunion applications
- Ancestry visas
- Other categories, such as applications on the basis of long residence
We provide these services at an hourly rate as each case differs depending on the circumstances of the applicants. Our hourly rates are as set in line with the guidelines and our firm falls within the London Grade 3 bracket, the hourly rates that we charge are as follows:
1. Solicitors and legal executives with over 8 years experience
£240 plus VAT (£48) = £288
2. Other Solicitors or legal executives and fee earners of equivalent experience
£165 plus VAT (£33) = £198
3.. Trainee solicitors, paralegals and other fee earners
£120 plus VAT (£24) = £144
On average, this type of work takes between 5 – 8 hours to complete. All figures exclude VAT as specifically stated.
The exact number of hours it will take depends on the circumstances in your case. Such as:
- The amount of supporting evidence that we need to consider
- Which language(s) you speak
- Whether you are applying with other dependants
If you are able to provide sufficient evidence at our first meeting and clearly meet the applicable Immigration Rules, the cost is likely to be at the lower end of this range.
The work will involve:
- discussing your circumstances in detail and confirming whether this is the most appropriate application for you to make and what other options may be available to you;
- Giving you advice about the requirements of the Immigration Rules and whether you meet the criteria.
- if you do not fulfil certain criteria, whether this can be overcome and how;
- considering the supporting evidence you have provided, which we anticipate will take 1 to 2 hours;
- where necessary, helping you obtain further evidence (such as medical records and bank statements), including taking statements of any witnesses;
- preparing your application and submitting it on your behalf, which we anticipate will take 2 hours;
- Attendance at a Home Office interview: if the Home Office ask you to attend an interview, we will give you clear advice (and discuss the possibility of us attending with you) at the appropriate time. This could be between 1 and 2 hours of work.
- giving you advice about the outcome of the application and any further steps you need to take.
*the amount of hours depends on the number of documents, whether they need to be translated, whether anything is missing and how long it will take to obtain the missing documents Disbursements (not included in costs set out above):
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as visa fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
- Independent expert reports e.g. medical experts. These are not required in many cases: we will let you know as soon as possible if we consider an expert report is necessary.
- If there is an interview and we do attend with you, there will be additional disbursements in respect of our mileage/travel expenses.
The costs quoted here do not include:
- Any Home Office fees for making the application. You will pay this to the Home Office directly as part of the application process.
- Where the Home Office refuse your application, advice and assistance in relation to any appeal
We cannot guarantee how long the Home Office will take to process your application. Read the current processing times.
We will normally be able to submit this type of application within 2 weeks of you instructing us, but we will let you know at the earliest opportunity if it is likely to take longer than this.
Please note the anticipated number of hours and fees are an estimate based on the facts above. All applications are likely to vary and of course, we can give you a more accurate estimate once we have more information about your specific case.